And Then There Were Four

We're creating this blog because it's the cool thing to do when people are having a baby. Just kidding, really we already have a hard enough time keeping up with everyone we want to, and our lives are about to get even more wonderfully busy. We can't wait - and we want you guys to be able to share in it too, so we both plan on reporting on it. Read at your own risk, and hopefully you'll enjoy it!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Darn Lemons

It's been a rough last couple of days. Rough all around.....not one particular thing....just rough. This blog has kind of turned into my diary of sorts so not only do you all get to read about Ben, but you get a glimpse into the rest of our lives as well. So...to lift my own spirits, here's my attempt at making lemonade out of the lemons I've been handed lately.

Instead of complaining about X, today I will choose to be......

- Happy that I don't have a sleep disorder where I actually got this little sleep for the rest of my life.

- Thankful for clouds because Ben will actually sit in the stroller and go for a walk if the sun isn't shining (more on that come later).

- Glad that there are foods like Top Ramen and frozen veggies that cost practically nothing...or we might not be eating.

- Grateful that I have a job...many do not

- Excited that I'm burning tons of extra calories because I have to pump around the clock to attempt to work out my totally plugged milk ducts.

- Thankful for loud radios that can drown out screaming babies when necessary

- Glad that Brian is making progress in his PhD program

- Grateful for God's promises of eternal life with him without pain or sickness

- Thankful that we actually have cars to take us where we need to go and mechanics that can fix them when they break

- Thankful that the pain in my leg is a result of a bone biopsy that was negative

Giving myself some much needed perspective. All that has been "rough" about the past few weeks can be turned into something to grateful for-so today I choose to focus on the positive.

Tomorrow I'll tell you why Ben should be the newest star in the "Twilight series....."

1 comment:

Irene said...

I love reading your blog. It makes me look back at my own life. Things will get better with Ben. Grateful that you have a healthy beautiful son, my firstborn went back to where he was sent from. Grateful that when my husband was in grad school and there was no money, no insurance, God took care of us. Grateful for children and grandchildren who are caring, loving, and close. Grateful for 41 years of marriage even though there were lots of lemons in those 41 years! Looking forward to spending eternity with my God.
Love you Katie.