And Then There Were Four

We're creating this blog because it's the cool thing to do when people are having a baby. Just kidding, really we already have a hard enough time keeping up with everyone we want to, and our lives are about to get even more wonderfully busy. We can't wait - and we want you guys to be able to share in it too, so we both plan on reporting on it. Read at your own risk, and hopefully you'll enjoy it!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Steadfast Love

"The Steadfast Love of the Lord never ceases. His mercies never come to an end- they are new every morning, new every morning; great is your faithfulness, O Lord!"

Those are the words we sang in church this past Sunday. In an email from my friend, I was reminded of how these words ring so true in my life and how that steadfast love has guided me to where I am now. She also reminded me that even though Ben is not yet aware of this steadfast love of God, he is a direct result of it.




I think back on my life, especially since moving to Maryland 4 years ago and am overwhelmed by God's faithfulness to Brian and I. Had circumstances been slightly different, we never would have met, fell in love and gotten married. I wouldn't be able to wake up next to him each morning and go to bed with him at night. I wouldn't be challenged by him to be a better person- to be content with my circumstances and to give unconditional love to those around me. I thank God for Brian and for our marriage.


We have truly seen God's hand and his love for us in the way he has gently led us through several major heath scares since we got married. Our health insurance really only allowed us to receive treatment from Johns Hopkins where Brian is currently a PhD student which meant we received some of the best treatment in the entire country that people fly from all over to receive. Praise God that Brian has been seizure free for over 2 years. Praise God that my bone tumors were benign and my heart irregularities were a misdiagnosis. Each day is a gift....and not one goes by where I don't thank Him for it.

We have seen God's love and faithfulness demonstrated time and time again by members of our family- especially our parents who still continue to be a source of encouragement and aid. They've graciously accepted that even though we aren't living under their roof, we still need parenting.....we still need them. We praise God for our other family- our church family who has been incredibly supportive.



And of course, Ruth was right- Ben doesn't have any concept of God's steadfast love but he is a direct product of it. Ben was not necessarily "planned" but God knew exactly what he was doing when he gave us this amazing gift. Right now, Ben only has a concept of who mommy and daddy are, that he has feet that he can put in his mouth, and that he can drop toys off his highchair and they will be picked up and put back on the tray if he stares at them long enough and starts to cry. But in the vows we made on his baptism day, we promised as his parents to teach him about this love and faithfulness and we will, God helping us :)

No comments: