And Then There Were Four

We're creating this blog because it's the cool thing to do when people are having a baby. Just kidding, really we already have a hard enough time keeping up with everyone we want to, and our lives are about to get even more wonderfully busy. We can't wait - and we want you guys to be able to share in it too, so we both plan on reporting on it. Read at your own risk, and hopefully you'll enjoy it!

Monday, April 5, 2010

Love-Hate

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend! I have a love-hate relationship with this time of year. Love it obviously because of the significance and awesomeness of the resurrection. It never gets old to sing about and celebrate Christ's great sacrifice for us and our redemption. I hate how much work there is.....Christmas and Easter are awesome but the busiest time of year for those who work in the church. I love it because it comes in the spring and things are blooming all around, and there are signs of new life. Spring is great.....allergies are not.

I have a love-hate relationship with this weekend for other reasons as well. The weather was beautiful. We had family in town. We got a lot done around the house.

Benjamin.....didn't make for an easy weekend. He is MISERABLE. Poor little dude. First of all, he was constipated for the first part of the weekend. He hadn't pooped in almost 5 days and I could tell he was really uncomfortable. I fed him an entire jar of baby prunes on Friday then immediately went to Costco to buy the next size up diapers in preparation for what I thought would be a massive blowout. Nothing. No poops. He finally cleared the system yesterday (several times) and seems to be ok now.

He's also in pain from his teeth. Benjamin is happy. During the day he never really cries unless he is really hungry or really tired but this weekend, Ben was screaming....and screaming.....and screaming. It was obvious what was wrong and it was obvious he was in a lot of pain. Each night this weekend got progressively worse and worse. Last night, I think I was awake more than I was asleep. Longest stretch of uninterrupted sleep last night was about 90 minutes. Longest stretch this whole weekend- less than 2 hours. I know most of my postings are positive saying that being a parent is fantastic...and it is.... but I won't blow sunshine up your you know whats and pretend that it's all fun and games all the time. Parenting is hard. Right now....it's very hard. We're feeling quite defeated in our house right now. Defeated because of lack of sleep, defeated because poor Benjamin is in pain and we have exhausted all options trying to help him. Hoping that Ben returns to his happy, screeching self soon.

No comments: