And Then There Were Four

We're creating this blog because it's the cool thing to do when people are having a baby. Just kidding, really we already have a hard enough time keeping up with everyone we want to, and our lives are about to get even more wonderfully busy. We can't wait - and we want you guys to be able to share in it too, so we both plan on reporting on it. Read at your own risk, and hopefully you'll enjoy it!

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Crowning Glory


Yesterday Brian and I were sitting at the table eating dinner together. He had been into work earlier and was very excited about a good result that he got in an experiment! He's been working on this particular thing for several months and finally got the outcome he was looking for. I asked him what his reaction was when he realized and he said "yay me." I started thinking back to what my life was like a year ago....I was far more productive and creative at work, running marathons and was furiously working on my Masters degree. I commented to Brian that I hadn't had a "Yay me" moment in a while (thinking about work and school). He, being the wonderful and sweet man he is said "You should have a 'yay me' moment everyday when you see Benj. He is your crowning glory." So sweet. So true. Benjamin is the best "yay me" thing in the whole world. What a great reminder :)

Well.....Mr. Crowning Glory was up to his old tricks again last night unfortunately. He was up every two hours, sometimes more than that. I knew it was a bad sign when he was awake less than 45 minutes after we put him down. Not sure what exactly changed, but he definitely slept like the Benj of old. Up 7:30, 9, 11, 1, 3 (for at least 75 minutes), 5ish and for good at 6. Brian went in and turned on the mobile and we let him chirp in the nursery for a while before finally getting up.

I wonder why Benjamin always sleeps so poorly, often his worst, on Saturday nights. Maybe he is so excited about church that he can't sleep?? Maybe he's worried about church and hoping there's a nice nursery attendant to play with him?? Who knows.

No comments: