And Then There Were Four

We're creating this blog because it's the cool thing to do when people are having a baby. Just kidding, really we already have a hard enough time keeping up with everyone we want to, and our lives are about to get even more wonderfully busy. We can't wait - and we want you guys to be able to share in it too, so we both plan on reporting on it. Read at your own risk, and hopefully you'll enjoy it!

Monday, September 20, 2010

Let the Artwork Begin

I'm now officially a mom. Ok...I was a mom from the moment Ben was born. Through the rite of passage of over 24 hours of pitocin induced, epidural failed labor I became a mom. Through the hazing/initiation of 9+ months of sleepless nights I became a mom. From the moment I looked at this tiny perfect human being who grabbed my finger, who knew my smell, who was at his happiest in my arms, who I realized I would sacrifice anything in this world for, I became a mom.

But now I'm really a mom. I now have my child's artwork hanging on the refrigerator. I've entered the phase of hanging awful yet wonderful pieces of "art" all around the house and displaying them like original Picassos. I still remember the hideous dog treat Christmas tree ornaments, and drawings of people who were built like ladders with purple stick hair proudly displayed in my house growing up. I remember how much pride I took in them and how much I loved it when my parents gushed about how great it was....and now I'll do the same for Ben.



Ben is too young to even realize what is going on, but it's never too early to start. Here is Ben's first "artwork."

Note: The flower stem is actually 3 of his footprints. Because of the previously mentioned "lack of arches" in his chubby feet, you can't really tell that they're footprints but look closely for the toes and you'll see them :)

No comments: