And Then There Were Four

We're creating this blog because it's the cool thing to do when people are having a baby. Just kidding, really we already have a hard enough time keeping up with everyone we want to, and our lives are about to get even more wonderfully busy. We can't wait - and we want you guys to be able to share in it too, so we both plan on reporting on it. Read at your own risk, and hopefully you'll enjoy it!

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Eventful week

Hi everyone has been a very eventful week for many different reasons. To best explain, I'll revert back to dinner time as a child where we told our "happy" and "sad" of the day.

Happy- it's beautiful in Maryland right now. It's a bit hot (in the 90's) but everything is green and blooming and just beautiful. Praise God for the beauty of his creation. Thank God for allergy medication!

Not so happy- we have had a series of unfortunate events in the past 10 days which has created a bit of chaos around our household. For some all happened on the 2 days it was pouring rain and I was craving an everything bagel. On the first day, it had been raining pretty hard for a day straight. I went out to get the craved bagel and proceeded to drop my phone in a puddle of water. phone. I sat through a 3 hour long elders meeting at church and headed home to what I thought was a quiet night sleep with Brian and Brina. I arrived home to find Brian in the basement with the shop vac cleaning up the flood he found a few hours earlier. Apparently, the box of wrapping paper fell on the sump pump and blocked it and with all the rain we had, it flooded part of the basement. Luckily, nothing was ruined that we know of...just very wet. A few days later it poured again and I was working from home when I heard water dripping upstairs in our bedroom. There were a few drops coming in the bedroom but I could hear a pretty steady leak in the chimney. If we hadn't just spent $4000 on a new roof in August, this wouldn't have bothered me as much as it did. I cleaned up the upstairs and put a bucket down and went to the basement to see if there was any water collecting from the chimney leaking. There was a puddle that I was in the process of cleaning up when the dog started throwing up upstairs. By the time I arrived upstairs, she had chosen several locations around the house to be sick. I called Brian, he came home and settled everyone down. Dog was ok...water was at least being collected in a bucket. I got a phone call a few hours later...the car died. Brian's 97 Jetta which already needed a new clutch and new tires died and pretty much is DNR at this point in time. SO- if anyone is looking to get rid of a car, let us know!!

That was the not so good part of our last few days. On a brighter note, we went to the doctor today for our second visit (now almost 15 weeks!). We heard baby's heartbeat which was going really fast! It registered about 150 bpm which is about double the average adult but is totally normal for an unborn baby. The nurse joked around that an old wives tale says that if the baby's heart rate is 135-145 it's a boy and 145-155 it's a girl. She told us in her opinion, we have a 50% chance of having a girl. The doctor came in and said everything looks great except one thing. My drug test somehow came back positive.....strange considering I've never taken drugs in my whole life and haven't taken anything stronger than a tylenol since October. So she carefully questioned me to make sure I'm not on drugs and sent me back for another test. She said she wants to make sure the last one was a false positive or else they'll have to detox baby when he/she comes out!!! So crazy!!! So hopefully no more false positives.

Other than the house/car drama, things have been going really well. I'm feeling great and have even been running pretty regularly. I'm going quite a bit slower than normal and definitely not as far, but still finding time and energy to do what I love to do.

Thanks for checking in! Let us know if you're getting rid of a car!

No comments: