And Then There Were Four

We're creating this blog because it's the cool thing to do when people are having a baby. Just kidding, really we already have a hard enough time keeping up with everyone we want to, and our lives are about to get even more wonderfully busy. We can't wait - and we want you guys to be able to share in it too, so we both plan on reporting on it. Read at your own risk, and hopefully you'll enjoy it!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Happenings


A few quick updates from our world today.....

- It was another 5:00 a.m. morning. We got up and Ben was super cranky and kept rubbing his eyes so I knew he hadn't gotten enough sleep. I kept trying to put him back down and he didn't want to have anything to do with it. At one point in time I had my eyes closed, had him up on my shoulder and was rocking him going "shhhhh". Even with my eyes closed I knew that his little chubby face was less than an inch away from mine and he was staring right at me...smiling. I opened my eyes just a little bit and sure enough- big grins for mommy. He was saying "Mommy...why are your eyes closed? Mommy...playtime." I kept my eyes closed and kept shhhhing for a minute or two but it was hard to not smile back knowing that he was persistently staring at me. Then his little mouth closed in on my nose and he started sucking away. Couldn't help it...burst out laughing. Pulled him off my face and we went downstairs to play for a while. Then I finally got him to sleep and went back to bed myself. No sooner did I get in bed than I hear Brina the dog start whining at us to get out of bed, let her outside and play. Can't win the sleeping battle.

- My deepest apologies to our awesome babysitter for the brown poop stain on her sweatshirt :( Poor friend....took Ben out for a while this afternoon and when she got back, Ben was in a different outfit and there was an unfortunate stain on her sweatshirt.

- Made some awesome food with our loads of lettuce from the CSA. I used the garlic scapes and spinach to make a fritatta and used the chard to make something similar to grape leaves except with chard. Yum yum....this CSA is going to be fun.

- Nothing like killing two birds with one stone. I went for a run and was about 2 miles away from home when it started POURING. I was so wet I could have gotten away without my post-run shower.


1 comment:

Marj Gray said...

Carolyn Sturtevant gave us a good alternative to the killing birds --feeding two birds with one crumb :)