And Then There Were Four

We're creating this blog because it's the cool thing to do when people are having a baby. Just kidding, really we already have a hard enough time keeping up with everyone we want to, and our lives are about to get even more wonderfully busy. We can't wait - and we want you guys to be able to share in it too, so we both plan on reporting on it. Read at your own risk, and hopefully you'll enjoy it!

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Overdue update - part 2

Since we got back from Denver, it's been a whirlwind of activity for both of us. We'll start with the home renovation project.....


We started the bathroom project back in June and possibly bit off more than we could chew. It's coming along and we're finally getting to the stages of having it look completed and not just a messy work zone. The tiling actually went in this evening so we have a floor! All we need to do is tile the walls around the tub, paint and install the appliances and fixtures. We've definitely made a lot of progress. This is a good thing considering the fact that the nursery is packed full of construction materials and we haven't even started setting up baby furniture.

Here is Brina, being a good construction dog.





Also here is a picture of what the floor looks like! Still messy and needs to be grouted and cleaned...but here's what it looks like!


Hopefully final pictures of the bathroom and nursery will be coming in the next few weeks!

Brian is busy in school. Brian is very busy in school. Any spare time is now dedicated to finishing the bathroom as well so life has been a bit crazy for him. It will definitely be a relief for him when he can focus more attention back in lab again.

I'm finishing up a summer class right now and continuing work at church. It will be a relief for me when this class is over and I can focus more attention on preparing for baby. We've been attending childbirth classes at Johns Hopkins (where we will deliver) and that has been really informative for both of us. We got a tour last week of the labor and delivery department and got to see the nursery with the cute tiny babies. That was definitely a highlight....knowing that we'll have one of those soon! I hit 32 weeks today which is a big and important landmark. If I go into labor now and deliver baby now, he'll be small but will be more or less fully developed. So now we just wait and see how long he decides to stay in there! Hopefully until the bathroom is done. I've started having lots of braxton hicks contractions. I'll take that as a good sign that my body is starting to prep for arrival day. Hard to believe we're getting this close! I don't have any up to date prego shots but this one is from 29 weeks so it'll give you an idea. Sorry I have such a sour look on my face in this picture. I'm bigger now...but not much. I'm waiting to "pop" but it hasn't happened quite yet. I was shopping in Old Navy in the maternity section the other day and the sales attendant walked up and said "excuse me..you know you're in the maternity section right??" I just nodded my head yes, not sure how to respond. I guess it's better that than people thinking I'm 40 weeks when I still have 8 left to go.


So there's a brief update from the Roelofs household. We're heading to the beach this weekend with our Bible study for a retreat. We rented a beach house and we're getting our year going with some fun in the sun! Will continue to post as more starts to happen!

No comments: